Friday Five: SPFMarch 31, 2017
Hey all, happy Friyay!
I am home in Cork for the weekend. I'm so happy to be catching up with friends and family, I have not seen them since Christmas. I Hope you all have a nice weekend. Here is todays FRIDAY FIVE.....
5 things you need to know about SPF.
1. MOST IMPORTANTLY - SPF needs to be worn everyday, no matter what the weather. Daylight is present every single day and can damage our skin dramatically over time, breaking down healthy collagen and elastin fibres that keep our skin healthy and firm.
2. The factor of SPF you choose does matter, SPF15 is a low factor and can be worn in the winter months. SPF30 is a medium factor and can be worn in the summer months. SPF50 is a high factor, it can be worn all year round, especially for those who are under going any skin treatments that makes the skin more sensitive, use retinol, or pigmentation problems. The higher the SPF the less often you need to re-apply it.
3. Always buy a reliable brand of SPF. Make sure it says both UVA and UVB protection. I suggest buying from the pharmacy brands such as la roche posay and NeoStrata or from your skincare clinic/dermatoligist.
4. KEY INGREDIENTS in SPF are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. If your SPF doesnt have one of these in it then I suggest you buy one that does. *Checking the ingredient list is key*
5. Don't keep your SPF from last year. They have an expiry date. If the expiry date is over, then you will get no protection from the SPF.
This is a hero SPF product from La Roche Posay and can be bought in most chemists.
What SPF do you use?